Pixalate this week released its Q1 2018 Ads.txt Trends Report. The report features data and insights collected by Pixalate detailing the state of ads.txt adoption over the first quarter of 2018.
The industry-wide ads.txt effort was born in the IAB's Tech Lab and has created overnight transparency for buyers into the programmatic advertising ecosystem of sellers and domains.
Ads.txt adoption increased 269% during Q1 2018
According to Pixalate's data, ads.txt adoption increased 269% in Q1 2018, rising from fewer than 100,000 total sites with ads.txt on January 1, 2018 to over 300,000 sites with ads.txt by March 31, 2018.
Inside the report, you'll find...
- Ads.txt adoption trends from January-March 2018 (Q1 2018)
- Insight into ads.txt adoption among the top 1000 and top 5000 sites in terms of programmatic ad volume
- Insight into the Alexa 1000 and 5000 sites and their ads.txt adoption rates on a week-by-week basis
- Data on which exchanges show up most often on ads.txt files
- Including which exchanges are listed most often as a direct partner, or as a reseller
- And much more
- According to Pixalate's data, on January 1, 2018, the total number of sites with an ads.txt file was 89,638
- That number rose to 331,155 by March 31, 2018, representing a rise of 269%
- Of the top 5,000 sites in terms of programmatic ad volume, ads.txt adoption increased from about 47% in January to about 67% in March
- Over 70% of the top 1,000 sites in terms of programmatic ad volume now have ads.txt
- Similar to Q4 2017, Google is the exchange most often listed as a "direct" partner on ads.txt files among the top programmatic publishers, while AppNexus is the exchange most often listed as a "reseller," according to Pixalate's data
Pixalate has posted weekly ads.txt updates via its blog throughout Q1 2018, and has made available for download a list containing all publishers who have an ads.txt file, as observed by Pixalate. This list is updated weekly.
Want more data-driven insights? Sign up for our blog!