To help marketers better understand the latest mobile advertising trends in the in-app space, Pixalate examined data from official Google Play Store apps to identify today’s trending apps in the Android app ecosystem. After highlighting the top trending mobile apps in advertising on Android phones, iPads, iPhones, today we are revealing the top apps on Android tablets.
This post highlights the top trending apps in the United States, based on display and video programmatic advertising volume, on Android tablets from July 2018.
- The top five Android tablet apps for display advertising are in the Games category. Overall, eight of the top 10 Android tablet apps are games.
- Eight of the top 10 Android tablet apps for display advertising are Games as well, including four of the top five.
- Wheel of Fortune Free Play, Pixel Art, and Wordscapes rank in the top five for both display and video advertising. These three apps also ranked in the top five for Android phones
Download a list of the top 30 trending Android phone apps in advertising, including Bundle IDs, below:
Trending Android tablet apps for display advertising (July 2018)
- The top five apps are all in the Games category: Wheel of Fortune Free Play, Pixel Art, Wordscapes, Jigsaw Puzzle, and Mahjong.
- The top three apps ranked in the top three for Android phones as well
- Overall, eight of the top 10 apps are in the Games category
- Social (Text free) and Lifestyle (Alarmy) are the only other app categories with an app that ranked in the top 10
Trending Android tablet apps for video advertising (July 2018)
- Eight of the top 10 Android tablet apps for video advertising are in the Games category
- Wordscapes, Wheel of Fortune Free Play, and Pixel Art ranked in the top five for both video advertising and display advertising
- The Shopping category (Slidejoy - Lock Screen Cash) and Photography category (PicsArt Photo Studio) were the only other categories that had an app rank in the top 10 for Android tablet video advertising
- Granny ranked No. 1 for Android tablet video advertising, and it ranked No. 3 on Android phone video advertising
- The Granny app did not rank in the top 10 for display advertising on either Android phones or tablets
Methodology and Disclaimer
Pixalate examined mobile in-app display advertisements sold via programmatic channels throughout July 2018 for this study. The data is based on activity within apps that engage in programmatic advertising in the open marketplace. Invalid Traffic (IVT) — including General Invalid Traffic (GIVT) and Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (SIVT) — were removed prior to ranking the apps. Any reference to "top" or "trending" apps refers solely to an app's Share of Voice of programmatic advertising impressions.
Sign up for our blog to stay updated with new stats, trends, and analysis on digital ad fraud.