This week's review of ad fraud and quality in the digital advertising space.
1. Pixalate adds 12 new MRC accredited metrics areas to combat ad fraud across platforms
Pixalate, the world’s first cross-platform ad fraud detection and prevention platform, this week announced it has received accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC) for Sophisticated Invalid Traffic (“SIVT”) detection and filtration for Connected TV/over-the-top (OTT) video ad impressions (an industry-first), as well as mobile in-app video and display ad impressions, and desktop and mobile web video ad impressions.
Overall, Pixalate has 17 total MRC accredited metric areas, including 12 newly-accredited ones:
- Mobile In-App: Video and display SIVT detection and filtration; video and display served ad impressions; display viewability
- OTT: Video SIVT detection and filtration; video served ad impressions
- Mobile Web: Video SIVT detection and filtration; video served ad impressions; display viewability
- Desktop: Video SIVT detection and filtration; video served ad impressions
2. MediaPost: As fraud concerns persist, Pixalate expands MRC accreditations
Reporting on Pixalate's new accreditations, MediaPost wrote: "cross-device accreditation has become increasingly important, as marketing budgets and campaigns are being spread far and wide."
“Most campaigns these days are run cross-platform. When you want to reach a consumer, you care about reaching that consumer, however they are consuming media,” Pixalate Vice President of Product Marketing Amy King said to MediaPost's Digital News Daily. “Increasingly for us that is our phones, our desktops, our tablets, our OTT devices. If you were to run a campaign across all of those environments, you need to be protected across each one, especially the newer ones.”
3. Top 3 myths in Connected TV/OTT
Rapid growth in OTT has opened the door for fraudulent intenders to profit from the rising advertising spend being directed toward OTT/CTV audiences. In this post, Pixalate, the advertising industry’s first MRC-accredited solution for the detection and filtration of invalid traffic for OTT video ads, addresses the most common myths about OTT advertising.
4. Bold Screen Media taps Pixalate for cross-platform ad fraud protection
Bold Screen Media has partnered with Pixalate, Inc. to offer leading IVT protection solutions for their growing cross-device video and OTT marketplace. Bold Screen’s platform provides brands and agencies with engaging programmatic media. To help protect their advertisers from IVT across OTT/CTV and mobile in-app inventory, Bold Screen has enlisted Pixalate.
Read the full press release.
5. Connected TV is not fraud-free ... that and more myths dispelled by Digiday
"This year connected TV overtook mobile as the screen on which the most digital video impressions were served," wrote Digiday. "However, as the hype around streaming settles into a legitimate channel for advertisers and publishers, there are some myths to be dispelled around 'connected TV,' the catchall term for videos streamed over the internet and watched on a TV screen."
Sign up for our blog to stay updated with new stats, trends, and analysis of digital ad fraud.