Pixalate today released the Q2 2018 Programmatic Quality Report: North America. This comprehensive analysis of traffic quality details the state of invalid traffic (“IVT”) across desktop and mobile devices, including current IVT trends within mobile apps. The report also contains an update on the state of viewability in the programmatic marketplace.
Key takeaways include:
- Mobile in-app is the riskiest: Mobile in-app advertising has an IVT rate of about 25% across tablets and smartphones for both display and video advertising. By comparison, desktop and mobile web advertising is between 10% and 15%.
- Viewability over 57% for biggest categories: All five of the leading domain categories in terms of desktop display ad volume had viewability rates above 57% in North America. The five categories accounted for over 80% of the programmatic desktop display ad Share of Voice in the time period studied. A recent WFA study noted that global display viewability rates were just under 50% in 2017.
- Fraudsters target gaming apps on mobile. Android smartphone gaming apps had the highest Share of Voice (over 25%) and the highest IVT rate (22.1%).
Inside the report, you’ll find...
- IVT rates across devices and channels
- Viewability rates across desktop, smartphone, and tablet web
- Broken down by category
- IVT rates within leading mobile app categories, across both smartphones and tablets
- iOS vs. Android
- Display vs. Android
- IVT rates based on traffic source
- IVT rates based on ad size
- And more
Programmatic marketers can use the in-depth analysis contained in this report to fully understand the current state of traffic quality in today’s programmatic marketplace.
Download the report here:
Pixalate is a cross-channel fraud intelligence company that works with brands and platforms to prevent invalid traffic and improve ad inventory quality.