Pixalate has released the Q3 2018 Ad Fraud Report, a comprehensive analysis of programmatic traffic quality and the state of invalid traffic (IVT) across desktop, mobile web, and mobile in-app advertising.
Q3 2018 Ad Fraud Report key takeaways:
- The United States has the fourth-highest ad fraud rate in the world; in Q3 2018, 17% of programmatic ads (across all devices and ad types) served in the United States were invalid
- Only India (34%), Indonesia (30%), and Australia (20%) had higher IVT rates among countries in the top 15 in terms of programmatic ad volume
- Mobile in-app remains the riskiest. Global mobile in-app ad fraud rates were 17% in Q3 2018, while some subsets — such as smartphone in-app video (22%) — had even higher IVT rates
- For video advertising, smartphone in-app (22%) and tablet in-app (19%) were the two riskiest environments
Inside the Q3 2018 Ad Fraud Report you’ll find:
- Ad fraud by country
- Ad fraud by device type
- Display vs. video
- Tablets vs. smartphones
- Android vs. iOS
- Ad fraud by mobile app categories
Want more data-driven insights? Sign up for our blog!