Pixalate's 2019 App-ads.txt and Ads.txt Trends Report updates programmatic buyers and sellers on the latest trends around the IAB Tech Lab's initiatives.
Today, we're taking a look at the possible impact of app-ads.txt on invalid traffic (IVT).
Apps with app-ads.txt have 13% less IVT
According to Pixalate's data, apps with app-ads.txt have 13% less IVT compared to apps without the file, as of Q4 2019.
Here are the total IVT rates on apps with versus without app-ads.txt, broken down by quarter:
- Q2 2019
- With app-ads.txt: 19.4%
- Without app-ads.txt: 30%
- Q3 2019
- With app-ads.txt: 20.1%
- Without app-ads.txt: 32.7%
- Q4 2019
- With app-ads.txt: 18.7%
- Without app-ads.txt: 21.1%
The difference in Q4 2019 equates to about 13% more IVT on apps without app-ads.txt compared to those that have adopted the initiative.
Pixalate's 2019 App-ads.txt & Ads.txt Report
Pixalate’s 2019 App-ads.txt and Ads.txt Trends Report includes:
- Latest adoption trends for app-ads.txt and ads.txt
- App-ads.txt adoption comparison for iOS vs. Android
- Ad fraud (IVT) impact for both app-ads.txt and ads.txt
- Adoption rates for the most popular apps & domains
- Top SSPs for Android, iOS, and desktop (broken down as ‘reseller’ and ‘direct’)
Download a free copy of the 2019 App-ads.txt and Ads.txt Trends Report today.