This week's review of ad fraud and quality in the digital advertising space.
1. Ad Fraud Trends: Digital Advertising
Pixalate this week released the Ad Fraud Trends Report: Digital Advertising (2018). The report features the latest data and insights collected by Pixalate detailing the trends in ad fraud and invalid traffic (IVT) in 2018.
- The U.S had an IVT rate of 21%, up from 17% in Q3
- Over one-in-five (20.4%) smartphone in-app display ads were invalid in Q4 2018
- Smartphone in-app video (29.6%) had the highest programmatic video IVT rates in Q4
2. PPC Land: Buying ads.txt authorized sellers reduces ad fraud 19%, Pixalate finds
“Buying ads.txt authorized sellers reduces the ad fraud in 19%, Pixalate revealed in a new research to highlight Q4 2018 trends around the IAB Tech Lab’s ads.txt initiative. This reduction in ad fraud, in publishers using ads.txt, is being confirmed quarter after quarter", reported PPC Land.
3. Marketing Dive: P&G's Pritchard calls for digital media's reinvention as 'dark side' worsensMarketing Dive."
4. Marketing Tech: CMOs need to address today to protect their digital marketing efforts
“With the digital marketing ecosystem continually evolving, CMOs can’t afford to stand still. They must tackle quality issues and new technologies as they arise and learn on the run", reported Marketing Tech.